Motor Vehicle Tax Credit

-A A +A

The Assessor's Office requires two forms of proof you no longer own a vehicle in order to remove your vehicle from the New Hartford tax rolls.

  1. License plate receipt from CT DMV (received from DMV when license plates are returned to a DMV branch)


  1. One of the following forms of proof the vehicle is no longer in your possession:
    1. Bill of Sale;
    2. Trade-in information;
    3. Junk yard receipt;
    4. Out of state registration;
    5. Total Loss letter from your insurance company

Once both forms of proof are received by the Assessor's office, we will be more than happy to adjust your motor vehicle value and apply tax credit (if applicable) accordingly.