The Renter's Rebate application filing period is April 1st - October 1st. An application filed in 2017 is for the 2016 benefit year for rent, utilities and income.
The eligibility requirements are:
- Over 65 years of age as of December 31st of the year prior to application; or Social Security designation of "Totally Disabled."
- Maximum Income: Married - $42,900; Unmarried - $35,200
The following documentation is required in order to complete your application.
- 2016 Income Tax Return
If no income tax return was filed, the following is required:
- Wages, bonuses, commissions, gratuities and fees;
- Gross Social Security, Federal Supplemental Security Income, payment for jury duty;
- Dividends, interest and annuities;
- IRA distributuions - include all that was taxable;
- Black Lung payments;
- Green Thumb payments;
- Interest resulting from gifts received;
- Lottery winnings;
- Net Rental Income;
- Pensions, Veteran's pension, Railroad retirement;
- Severance pay; Unemployment Compensation;
- Workers Compensation;
- Anthem sale of Stock (entire proceeds);
- Legal Settlements - Net Proceeds
Rent and Utility Information:
- Rent - evidence of all payments made in 2016
- Utilities (electricity, gas, water & fuel) evidence of all payments made in 2016