ALL PERMITS FOR BUILDINGS, MECHANICALS, SEPTIC SYSTEMS, WELLS (WHEN REQUIRED)AND DRIVEWAYS MUST BE ISSUED PRIOR TO STARTING WORK.
NO INSPECTIONS WILL BE MADE UNTIL APPLICABLE PERMITS ARE IN.
No Building Permit Application will be accepted without the following:
- Completed building application and fee.
- Complete building plan, two copies (approved copy will be returned).
- Proposed plot plan - certified plot plan when foundation poured.
- REScheck-Residential Energy Code Calculations (see Dept. of Energy website:www.energycodes.gov/rescheck)
- Well permit or public water supply.
- Septic permit or sanitary sewer permit.
The following inspections are required after a building permit has been issued:
|Type of Inspection||Timing||Contact|
||Forms in place before pouring||Bldg. Insp. 379-8830|
|Walls, waterproofing, footing drains with insulation on foundation (if necessary).
|Certified Plot Plan (as built)
||Before any framing||"|
||While in progress||"|
||Throat height before tile||"|
|Roughing||Mechanicals and framing completed before insulation
||Before concrete is delivered||"|
||Before joint treatment||"|
|Septic System||Before cover||Farmington Valley Health District
|Sewer & Water connections||Before uncapping lateral and tapping main
|Water test and final approval of Septic System||Before Certificate of Occupancy||Farmington Valley Health District
|Driveway||Before Certificate of Occupancy||Road Foreman
|Certificate of Occupancy||Final Inspection before Occupancy||Building Inspector