Capital Expenditures Commission
The Advisory Commission on Capital Expeditures is established by Ordinance to review the Capital Needs of the Town for the five year period following each July 1st so as to allow review of the plan presented at each annual Budget Hearing and Budget Meeting. Capital Programs shall include purchases of five thousand dollars ($5,000) or more which have a normal useful life in excess of five years and anticipated purchase of real estate for use by any town department except fire departments, libraries or cemeteries which are separate corporate entities.
Membership consists of four members, one member of the Board of Finance, one member of the Board of Education, one member of the Planning & Zoning Commission, each to be appointed by their respective board or commission, and the First Selectman.
Commission will meet during the months just prior to budget season.
News & Announcements
- Drug Take Back Day on Saturday, April 29, 2017 from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm at New Hartford Resident Trooper/ Police Office
- Regional School District No. 7 Budget Referendum May 2, 2016 NOON - 8:00 pm at TOWN HALL ONLY
- 2017 - 2018 Budget process is underway. The Public Hearing was held on April 4, 2017
- 2017 Boat Mooring and Canoe/Kayak Storage applications now being accepted
- FRCC's Farmington River Quilt Project on display at New Hartford Town Hall during the month of April