Hours of Operation
Bill Baldwin can be reached Monday through Friday on his cell phone 860-601-8940 for routine business and 24/7 for emergencies
He can also be reached through New Hartford Town Hall at 860-379-3389.
The Fire Marshal is responsible for prevention, investigation and origin of fires. He is not responsible for Open Burning Permits. In order to get a burning permit to burn brush, it is necessary to call Town Hall at 860-379-3389 and get the contact info for the Burning Official.
For Miscellaneous Information regarding Open Burning,
please click here.
"When Fire Strikes: Get Out! Stay Out!"
Did you know that more than 1.7 Million fires strike American homes, parks, and businesses each year?
Did you know that fires can grow quickly, and individuals may have as few as 2 minutes to evacuate? At least 94 percent of American homes are equipped with smoke alarms, yet most home fire deaths happen in homes where smoke alarms are not working. By installing and maintaining working smoke alarms on every level of the home, having a fire emergency response plan, and evacuating if the alarm sounds, families and individuals can be ready to respond to a fire.
"When Fire Strikes: Get Out! Stay Out!" - teaches two simple but life-saving lessons:
- Install smoke alarms and test them regularly
- Develop and practice home fire drills
|William Baldwin||Fire Marshal||(860) 601-8940|
News & Announcements
- Drug Take Back Day on Saturday, April 29, 2017 from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm at New Hartford Resident Trooper/ Police Office
- Regional School District No. 7 Budget Referendum May 2, 2016 NOON - 8:00 pm at TOWN HALL ONLY
- 2017 - 2018 Budget process is underway. The Public Hearing was held on April 4, 2017
- 2017 Boat Mooring and Canoe/Kayak Storage applications now being accepted
- FRCC's Farmington River Quilt Project on display at New Hartford Town Hall during the month of April