Hours of Operation
Bill Baldwin can be reached Monday through Friday on his cell phone 860-601-8940 for routine business and 24/7 for emergencies
He can also be reached through New Hartford Town Hall at 860-379-3389.
The Fire Marshal is responsible for prevention, investigation and origin of fires. He is not responsible for Open Burning Permits. In order to get a burning permit to burn brush, it is necessary to call Town Hall at 860-379-3389 and get the contact info for the Burning Official.
For Miscellaneous Information regarding Open Burning,
please click here.
"When Fire Strikes: Get Out! Stay Out!"
Did you know that more than 1.7 Million fires strike American homes, parks, and businesses each year?
Did you know that fires can grow quickly, and individuals may have as few as 2 minutes to evacuate? At least 94 percent of American homes are equipped with smoke alarms, yet most home fire deaths happen in homes where smoke alarms are not working. By installing and maintaining working smoke alarms on every level of the home, having a fire emergency response plan, and evacuating if the alarm sounds, families and individuals can be ready to respond to a fire.
"When Fire Strikes: Get Out! Stay Out!" - teaches two simple but life-saving lessons:
- Install smoke alarms and test them regularly
- Develop and practice home fire drills
|William Baldwin||Fire Marshal||(860) 601-8940|
News & Announcements
- Notice of Public Budget Hearing on Tuesday, April 4, 2017 7:00 pm
- Michael Butler Farm Preservation Informational Meetings -- Thursday, March 23, 2017 at South End Firehouse at 7:00 PM and Saturday, March 25, 2017 at Town Hall at 9:30 AM
- Regional Refuse Disposal District seeks Residents' opinions in Household Hazardous Waste Day survey
- 2017 Boat Mooring and Canoe/Kayak Storage begins MARCH 31, 2017
- Town of New Hartford WPCA to renew NPDES permit to discharge