Hours of Operation
In case of Emergency Only Dial 911.
For general information call 860-379-8621.
New Hartford police coverage is provided by Connecticut State Police and local police officers.
Robert (Bob) Hazen is currently the Resident State Trooper assigned to New Hartford. His office is located at Town Hall.
New Hartford Police Officers are: Dan Janco, David Helt, Kevin Wilkinson and Pat Berardinelli.
New Hartford is fortunate to have a dedicated group of professionals who have many years of police experience.
All town citizens are asked to use 911 only in the event of an emergency.
For general information, call: 860-379-8621
Pistol permit applications are available in the Office of the First Selectman (or click here http://ct.gov/despp/lib/despp/slfu/pistol_permits/dps-799-c_approved_jun... and you will LEAVE this site and be directed to an application form which you will need to print and complete).
Fingerprints are done by appointment only. Please call ahead to schedule an appointment. You can schedule directly through the New Hartford Office at 860-379-8621 or you can call the First Selectman's Office and speak with Administrative Assistant Christine Hayward at 860-379-3389 to set up an appointment.
When you arrive for your fingerprint appointment, you will need to have the following:
Bank Check/Money Order made payable to "Treasurer - State of Connecticut" in the amount of $12.00 PLUS
Bank Check/Money Order made payable to "Treasurer- State of Connecticut" in the amount of $50.00 PLUS
$15.00 Exact Cash or personal check to Town of New Hartford PLUS
COPY of Firearms Training Certificate of Completion PLUS
Valid ID ( Birth Certificate, passport, or drivers license)
Trooper Hazen and Officer Helt in The Special Olympics Torch Run.
News & Announcements
- Drug Take Back Day on Saturday, April 29, 2017 from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm at New Hartford Resident Trooper/ Police Office
- Regional School District No. 7 Budget Referendum May 2, 2016 NOON - 8:00 pm at TOWN HALL ONLY
- 2017 - 2018 Budget process is underway. The Public Hearing was held on April 4, 2017
- 2017 Boat Mooring and Canoe/Kayak Storage applications now being accepted
- FRCC's Farmington River Quilt Project on display at New Hartford Town Hall during the month of April