Hours of Operation
In case of Emergency Only Dial 911.
For general information call 860-379-8621.
New Hartford police coverage is provided by Connecticut State Police and local police officers.
Robert (Bob) Hazen is currently the Resident State Trooper assigned to New Hartford. His office is located at Town Hall.
New Hartford Police Officers are: Dan Janco, David Helt, Kevin Wilkinson and Pat Berardinelli.
New Hartford is fortunate to have a dedicated group of professionals who have many years of police experience.
All town citizens are asked to use 911 only in the event of an emergency.
For general information, call: 860-379-8621
Pistol permit applications are available in the Office of the First Selectman (or click here http://ct.gov/despp/lib/despp/slfu/pistol_permits/dps-799-c_approved_jun... and you will LEAVE this site and be directed to an application form which you will need to print and complete).
Fingerprints are done by appointment only. Please call ahead to schedule an appointment. You can schedule directly through the New Hartford Office at 860-379-8621 or you can call the First Selectman's Office and speak with Administrative Assistant Christine Hayward at 860-379-3389 to set up an appointment.
When you arrive for your fingerprint appointment, you will need to have the following:
Bank Check/Money Order made payable to "Treasurer - State of Connecticut" in the amount of $12.00 PLUS
Bank Check/Money Order made payable to "Treasurer- State of Connecticut" in the amount of $50.00 PLUS
$15.00 Exact Cash or personal check to Town of New Hartford PLUS
COPY of Firearms Training Certificate of Completion PLUS
Valid ID ( Birth Certificate, passport, or drivers license)
Trooper Hazen and Officer Helt in The Special Olympics Torch Run.
News & Announcements
- Notice of Public Budget Hearing on Tuesday, April 4, 2017 7:00 pm
- Michael Butler Farm Preservation Informational Meetings -- Thursday, March 23, 2017 at South End Firehouse at 7:00 PM and Saturday, March 25, 2017 at Town Hall at 9:30 AM
- Regional Refuse Disposal District seeks Residents' opinions in Household Hazardous Waste Day survey
- 2017 Boat Mooring and Canoe/Kayak Storage begins MARCH 31, 2017
- Town of New Hartford WPCA to renew NPDES permit to discharge