Do I need to register my home security alarm with the Police?

-A A +A

New Hartford does not require that residents obtain a permit to install a home security alarm system.  However, if your monitoring company will be contacting the police when your alarm is activated it would be helpful for the responding officers to have the information provided on this Alarm Registration Form.

The alarm company should utilize the following point of contact to report alarm activations:

Connecticut State Police
Troop B - Canaan
463 Ashley Falls Road
North Canaan, CT  06018
Phone: 860-626-1820