580 West Hill Road
New Hartford, CT 06057
- Brodie Park is located on the corner of West Hill and Niles Roads.
- The Recreation Office is located at the park inside of Berkshire Hall on the West Hill Road side of the park.
- Click here for directions
- On the lakeside, there are 50 acres, which are available for a variety of activities. During the summer months, the Recreation Department operates Brodie Beach at West Hill Pond and Camp Brodie for children ages 3-12. The Pond has one of the highest water ratings in the State of Connecticut. It is fed from a deep aquifer and the surrounding area. This body of water stays cold year round and makes for a refreshing place to swim. You can jump into the water to cool off, get some exercise with a refreshing swim, sit on the beach and just relax, or picnic in the park. Use of the beach area at Brodie requires a beach sticker. Spaces are also available for rent for either canoe storage or boat moorings. This side of the park is also home to a beautiful playground, which was obtained through a generous Grant from the State of Connecticut and through the efforts of the Friends of Brodie. You can also hit the courts! Brodie has 2 clay tennis courts and a 4-hoop basketball court waiting for you to enjoy. The park also has a 5,000 square foot skate park. In the wintertime people enjoy sledding and cross-country skiing.
- Brodie Park is home to many annual events. The Lions Club of New Hartford sponsors 2 Flea Markets each year-- the first Saturday in June and the last Saturday in September. The Friends of Brodie sponsor an annual "Race Around the Lake" - a 5K run that begins and ends at Brodie Park. This is held on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend each year. New Hartford Day, organized by volunteers Mary Lee Dunn and Sally O'Neill, ocurs each September on the third Sunday of that month. This is a community event; with food, fun and family being the focus of this event. Brodie Park is also home of the Litchfield Hills Triathlon - sponsored by the Greater Hartford Marathon Foundation and typically occuring in mid-late July. There's something for everyone at Brodie!
- Across the road from the main part of the park are an additional 150 acres. One can hike, horseback ride, or take a leisurely stroll. The Franklin P. Kearney Conservation Trail was established in 1988. The trail starts on West Hill Road across from the "Brodie House" at the corner of West Hill Road and Niles Road. This area of the park is sometimes also referred to as the 'old golf course' or Brodie South. There are trails at the far corner of the property which lead down into Cedar Swamp.
530 Main St.,
P.O. Box 316New Hartford, CT 06057
(860) 379-3877 Brodie Park
(860) 379-8082 Stanclift Cove
(860) 379-3389 Town Hall
(860) 379-2048 Brodie (860) 379-0940 Town Hall